4.06.2010

Well Checks

Sam and Will each recently had their well checks...four year and one month. I spent the entire day at the doctor's office and shuttling children between the office and Nana's house. I told Dr. Mann that it was really a break for me to have only one child at any given time. Pretty sad, huh, to find peace at the pediatrician's office.

Will is growing so fast and is now 22 inches long and weighs 12 pounds. He is wearing 6 month clothes already! He is still a big eater and I am starting to notice some stomach issues with him at the end of the day. I hate the word colic and prefer just to say his stomach hurts to make myself feel better. Even when he is in pain, he only fusses a minimal amount and struggles the most with being able to sleep comfortably in the late afternoon and early evening. He is such a sweet, loving, inquisitive little boy and we sure enjoy every day with him.
Sam did great at his well check. He weighs 46 pounds and is 43.25 inches tall and is at the top of the growth chart in each category. Sam is wearing size 6 clothes and size 13 shoes now and seems to grow out off his clothes and shoes overnight. Dr. Mann predicts he'll be 6'4 and says he will likely fall between 6'2 and 6'6. Sam was extremely shy taking his vision test and did poorly to begin with. I was nearly in tears worrying about him having to wear glasses at such an early age. Dr. Mann talked to him about trying the test again and not being scared and he did great the second time around. His vision is 20/40 which is fine. I opted to wait on his kindergarten shots until next year. I don't want to even think about kindergarten until I have to. I'm just still trying to believe my baby is four.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time goes by so fast. I can not believe Kindergarten is coming.
Love G-MA