4.11.2010

Sorry

I have been working on manners with Sam...please, thank you, excuse me, I'm sorry.  He is extremely polite and usually very well mannered.  His biggest setback is his shyness.  He gets so anxious when he has to address strangers or adults that "please" and "thank you" can be pretty tough for him to muster up the courage to say. He has mastered one thing though..."I'm sorry."  In the past few weeks, anytime he and Jack fight, Sam will quickly say, "Sorry, Jack.  Sorry."  It never fails.  They fight.  He apologizes.   He even apologizes prior to a fight by saying, "Sorry, Jack, but I have to take this cow from you.  Sorry."  I've told him that's not quite how apologizing works and that he can't tell someone he's sorry and then do something he knows is wrong.  We're working on that.

He melts my heart when he apologizes to me.  He always comes to me after doing something wrong and tells me he's sorry.  Always.  And he tells me why he's sorry, which is so sweet.  Sometimes his apology doesn't come until hours after he's done something wrong.  But it always happens.  Sometimes he even apologizes for things I don't know about.  The other night he jumped out of his bed, ran into my room and said, "Mama, one day after we went to Target, I took the toilet tissue out of the bag and I was playing and I put the bag on my head real quick.  And I know I'm not suppose to do that 'cause it makes you not be able to breathe and you could die, so I'm sorry Mama.  I'm sorry."  He wrapped his arms around my neck and gave me a huge hug and a quick kiss before running back to bed.   Oh how I love his sweet little manners.  And his sweet, sweet heart.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sam is a thinker. He is so smart and those eyes and eye lashes. WOW.
Sam needs answers to everything. Not the short answers...the answers with the explanations attached. He is hard to fool.
Love you Sam
Love
G-MA