1.31.2012

The Dark Side

It's official.  
My baby has crossed over to the dark side.
The dark side of boy hood.
The side where manners don't reside and tricks that involve grabbing body parts and making inappropriate noises are revered.
As if this household needed another dose of testosterone.
Don't misunderstand,  I love having boys.
But some days the testosterone circulating in this house is stifling.
Stifling.
The other night all three of the boys were in the tub together.
I walked away and returned to find my oldest two playing quietly.
And Will?
There he was, standing up, facing me with a firm hold on his you know what.
And he was doing a little dance, grinning from ear to ear and loudly singing, "Ning, nong!  Ning, nong!  Ni-ingggg,  no-onggg!"
And with out missing a beat, he spun around, stuck his bottom out and grabbed it in both hands.
And the boy who minutes earlier was my baby, used his hands to make his bottom talk to me.
"Wonk, wonk!  Wonk, wonk!  Wonk, wonk, wa, wonk wonk!"
Like I said, stifling.

No comments: