10.06.2010

The Night Before

Dearest Jack,

Tonight as I pulled your covers over you and kissed you good night, I realized that it would be the last time I tucked you in as a two year old. Tomorrow you'll celebrate your third birthday. And the idea of you growing older scares me and makes my heart ache. I adore who you are today. And while I know you'll be just as wonderful as a three year old, if I could, I would keep you a two year old forever.

I could spend hours detailing all the things I adore about you. Like your laugh. Or your big chocolate eyes. Or the way you run. Or how wonderful you feel in my arms. Instead, I'll simply tell you that I love everything about you. Absolutely everything.

Knowing you as my son has changed my life so much. Your spunky, spirited personality brightens my days. You make me see what is truly important in life. Like messy playrooms and dirty hands. Popsicle kisses and playing outside in the rain. Clothes on backwards and muddy cowboy boots.

You have shown me how to enjoy our chaotic, busy life. Your giggle is my reminder to relish in these special days. Days that we spend together. Days full of joy. Days with no schedule. Days of "It's okay, Mama." Days showered with hugs and kisses.

Jack, you are my precious, beautiful boy. My endless sunshine. The one who made me a better mother. You are sweet and loving. Wild and carefree. I am so proud of you. I am so proud to be your Mama. You make me so happy and just when I think I couldn't possible love you more, I do. Thank you for being you. I love you. More than you will ever know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jack!
You were the first person I thought about when I woke up this morning. I can not believe that you are 3!. Where does the time go. I am looking forward to your birthday party. I love you!
G-MA