10.05.2010

My Oldest Preschooler

Sam is doing so well in preschool.  He is well behaved, quiet and eager to please his teacher.  He worries over his handwriting and because he can't count to one hundred yet.  The thought of getting his name on the board sends him into a state of panic.  Every morning, he walks into his room shyly and finds his seat without looking up.  And every afternoon he bounds to the car with the biggest grin and newfound confidence.  His schoolwork covers our kitchen cabinets and I marvel over everything he brings home.  I miss him every minute that he's gone, but find such peace in knowing he is happy and well taken care of.  I love hearing all about his day and find myself hanging on his every word, hoping he will tell me everything he did.

Just the other day, he hopped in the car and as we drove away from school he said, "Mama, listen.  God is great..."

I froze, anticipating a sweet prayer or poem that he had learned that day.  I knew I was about to hear something wonderful.

"Yes, Sam.  Go ahead."

And he continued...

"God is great.  Beer is good.  And people are crazy."

Wow.  Thank you country music.  And thank you long rides in the truck on Saturdays with Daddy and Poppa and no dvd player.  Thank you very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sam is such a wonderful child. He loves to learn about everything..
Love you
G-MA