9.13.2010

Mr. No Sleep

My precious, sweet little baby refuses to sleep.  Absolutely refuses.  He woke up at 2 am and squealed and laughed until falling asleep four hours later.  And because at times my children conspire against me, Sam woke up at 6:15, just as I was drifting to sleep.  Will was back up at eight and napped for twenty minutes in the car as we ran errands around lunch time.  We went to Ally's and he fell asleep on the way back home, nearly three hours later.  I laid him in his crib and he slept ten minutes.  Ten minutes!  And now at nearly 10 pm, I have finally gotten him to sleep again.  I'm wondering how on earth he can function with such little sleep.  And if lack of sleep isn't bad enough, he is officially suffering from some major separation anxiety.  When he wakes up in his crib, he cries the most pitiful, heartbroken cry.  And if I walk out of the room, or if he loses sight of me, he cries hysterically until I scoop him up in my arms and reassure him that I'm still here.  Needless to say, these changes in his sleep habits and personality make things a little more difficult for me around our house.  Lucky for him, he's ridiculously adorable and just plain irresistible.  Even at 2 am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That little boy just LOVES him Mama.
It is so sweet to watch him light up when his Mama walks in the room.
Love
G-MA