9.12.2010

He is Here

Nearly eighty years separates them.  A lifetime.  Exactly four years ago he began strolling Sam around the farm.  It seems like forever ago.  And Sam fell in love with him and spent some part of every day with him.  Jack bears his name and adores him as well.  And while I'm sad that he can't get around quite like he used to, and he may never accompany Will to the barn, I am grateful that he is here.  Next door. He is here and his lap is always ready for them.  He absolutely loves his great grandsons. They share a special, unique bond.  It is perfect and priceless and I am just so thankful he is here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He so loves his great-grandsons. I wish they could have know him the way I did. But aren't we so blessed that they have this time to spend together.
Love you
G-MA