3.26.2010

Daddy's Buddy

Jody asked me the other day, "If you could keep Jack this age forever, or let him grow up, what would you chose?" That's a tough one. Of course, I want to watch him grow and become all God intends for him to be. But part of me longs to keep all three of my boys little forever. Little enough to still want to cuddle and need me as much as they do today. I think Jody would keep Jack just as he is today forever. They have a very special bond. They are buddies and Jack happily follows his Daddy wherever he leads him. He is his cow helper, tractor rider, night time cuddle bug. He even asks for his Daddy now when he gets hurt which has hurt my feelings a little. The other day he disappeared into our closet and came our wearing one of Jody's shirts like a dress and his black shoes. He was so proud of himself and said, "Look at me Mama. I look like Daddy!" Jack simply adores his Daddy. And the feeling is mutual.


No comments: