7.11.2009

Do They Know?

Sometimes I wonder if these two will ever really know how I feel about them.  Will they know that I count them as my greatest accomplishment and my biggest joy... that they complete my days and leave me overflowing with happiness...how I worry endlessly over their well being...that they fill me with such pride...that I dream of their future and what I can do to make sure they discover a life that they love...how I ridiculously analyze every cut, scrap and bruise...how it makes me sad when I think about them growing older and not needing me like they do today...that I have irrational fears that something will happen to them...that I want to preserve every memory, fearful that one day I'll forget the little things...how I stare at them while they sleep...that sometimes I am so overcome with love for them that it literally hurts...that my life would end without them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is impossible for them to know how much you love them. I don't think you understand that kind of love until you are a parent yourself. Those boys are lucky to have such wonderful parents.

Love
G-MA