3.28.2009

Yippee...I'm Three!

Today was full of fun, friends and celebration.  Sam woke up to me singing to him as he walked into the den.  He didn't seem to appreciate my voice, as he ran and buried his head in the recliner.  He chose blueberry muffins for breakfast and after eating we headed outside to see his gift.  Jody and I and G-Ma and Poppa surprised Sam with a rock wall for the back yard.  He loved it and made his way to the top in record time.

Nana and JP came over and brought Sam's gift...a Robin Hood costume that Nana made him.  Sam loves, loves, loves Robin Hood and has watched the movie at least 100 times.  He thought his costume was pretty cool, after he got over the initial embarrassment of "dressing up" in front of everyone.

Cade, Cannon and Landry came to play after lunch and check out the new rock wall.  They all sat in the driveway and sang "Happy Birthday" to Sam.
G-Ma came back with cupcakes to celebrate.  They all really enjoyed them.

Some really, really enjoyed them...
A great day for my terrific three year old.  We are making all the preparations for tomorrow and hoping the rain will be gone by morning so Sam's "Big Bear Birthday Party" can go on as planned.  The big entertainment for the party is for all the kids to go on a bear hunt around the farm so we really need clear skies by 3:00 tomorrow.  I think I am looking forward to the big hunt more than the birthday boy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I am telling you. These kids know how to eat cupcakes. I think Landry enjoyed her more than the rest.
Love
G-Ma

MiMi & Robin said...

I use to have a little boy that looked just like Sam does as Robin Hood.  How amazing.MiMi