2.13.2009

Days Like This

My day...

I finally gave up my four day search for my lost car keys (my only set).  My keys disappeared on Monday and after cleaning out every drawer, closet and toy bin, I still had no keys.  I am convinced my sweet little Jack flushed them down the toilet.  So $275 later ($200 for a new key and $75 to have the car towed to the dealership so the key could be "married to the car"), I have wheels again.  Finally, the car is towed...time to get ready for our day.  Jack must have been missing the doctor's office (we haven't been in three days) so he decided to open the doors to the fireplace and put his middle finger on the pilot light.  Lovely.  Charred, burnt little fingertip and fingernail.  We held it under cold water and put lots of ointment on it.  He was surprisingly tough and cried very little.  We avoided the doctor's office...whew. Meme drove us to pick up our car and we stopped for lunch at our favorite spot...Chick-Fil-A.  The restaurant was pretty crowded and we were nestled over in a booth near the play area.  I asked Sam to say the blessing.  He immediately bowed his head...paused...raised his head back up and announced in a very loud voice,"Hey, I'm not looking at my ding-dong.  I'm just praying."  Perfect.  Thankfully I think I am the only one who understood his full sentence.  And I must admit I had a hard time not cracking up.  These two never cease to amaze me and they sure do keep me smiling...and laughing.  What did I do before them?

Tonight the boys had fun with a few simple things...a cheap old balloon and bath water.  Forget the expensive toys.  It's the cheapies that make them the happiest.

The balloon was a hit...
Sam loved it.
Jack enjoyed it too...
No clothes required...unless you count the white socks.
Who knew a trickle of water was so much fun?
The simple things...
Pure Jack...Mr Mischief.
My Sam...loving those lashes.

1 comment:

Seven C's said...

I think our kids favorite toys of all time are a simple,big cardboard box. Better than any store bought toy they ever had. They just love boxes. The boxes become whatever their imaginations make them! :)