12.16.2008

Should Have Known Better

Today I took a chance.  For the first time in 14 months, I snuck away and took a shower while both boys were awake.  I do take showers, folks, it's just I usually have to do this while Jody is home or the boys (or at least Jack) are asleep.  But today I decided to be brave.  I shut all the doors to the bedrooms and bathrooms, made sure they were happily occupied and ran to take the world's fastest shower.  I should have known better.   I came out (literally after 5 minutes) and nearly busted my you know what in a big wet mess.  There was pee from one end of the hall to the other.  I knew it had to be Jack.  His newest trick is to pull his diaper off and run through the house naked.  I was right.  I walked into the den to this sight...

Naked,  on top of the table, looking out the window.  This is why mothers can go all day without a shower.  I never understood this before having babies.  I always thought that was the craziest thing.  How do you not have time to take a shower?  Really, how hard could it be?  This is why.  You are busy beyond belief and when you do sneak away you stumble into a puddle of pee and a naked little boy peaking out the window. This is my life (and I love it).

1 comment:

Jodi Lowe said...

That little butt is so cute!!! Oh my gosh!