12.17.2008

Waiting...

Waiting patiently for Mama to walk out of the room so they can each steal another ornament off my pitifully decorated Christmas tree.  My tree started out quite decent.  We bought a real tree this year and it was perfect and cute...for about two days.  And then it began.  Jack pulls all the round ornaments off and runs through the house yelling "Ball, Ball".  I chase him (as he laughs hysterically), retrieve the ornament and place it back on the tree.  Sam is a little more advanced.  He doesn't really take the ornaments down that much.  Instead, he turns all the snowflakes and picture ornaments around backwards.  This drives my OCD self nuts.  For days I was constantly chasing one, saying no to the other and rehanging all my ornaments.  Well, after about four days of this, I threw my hands up and said "Forget it."  Now, the ornaments are all stuck wherever, backwards, two on the same branch, identical ornaments side by side...whatever.  I have given up on having a beautiful tree.  And you'll notice there are no presents under the tree...I know better.  I threatened numerous times to break out the gate (a full blown barricade that circles around the tree) but had scary visions of the boys scaling it and them and the tree crashing to the ground.  So I'll wait.  That perfect tree will have to wait for now.  My boys will see to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is hysterical! :-) Boys will be boys!