12.15.2008

Cannon Was Here

When all five kids are here, my house ends up destroyed.  Every time.  Every toy bin is dumped out, food and milk cups are thrown about and shoes and clothes are left in a trail from the door.  And I am okay with this.  Me, the girl who thinks it's okay to vaccum everyday and finds joy in spot removal actually doesn't mind. Really.  I love that they have so much fun together and can just be kids while they are here.  Nothing is off limits and they always have such fun together. I welcome these days with open arms even if it means at least an hour of sorting and picking up to get the den/playroom back in order.

I have seen sticky fingerprints in areas I didn't think they could reach, toys hidden in tiny places and found food and cups in strange places.  Yes, I expect all these things.  But today was a first.  I looked up and saw an unexpected sight.  A diaper hanging perfectly on my rabbit on top of the bookshelf.  These are tall bookshelves and the rabbit almost touches the ceiling. I was amazed that someone could manage to toss a diaper with such accuracy and leave it hanging perfectly on the rabbit.  I knew without asking the only little boy that could have done this.

Cannon Lee.  It had his name written all over it.  You see, he loves to remove his own diaper and toss it high in the air.  This time he just had impeccable aim.  Pure Cannon.  I am just glad it was only a wet diaper.

2 comments:

Michelle Oliver said...

That is so funny! Wonder if he was trying to land it there?

Anonymous said...

Way to go Cannon!! We all need a little excitement in our lives. I was there that night and believe me it was an exciting time. The diaper was on the rabbit, the Santa under the tree was knocked over, the reindeer was singing and Jack had lost the car keys. I love every minute...but I didn't have to clean up either. From a grandma's point of view it was wonderful.

Love
G-MA