11.13.2008

Guilt

As mothers, we always seem to have an overwhelming sense of guilt about something.  Was I too hard on him?  Should I leave the kids to go do something by myself?  Is that the best punishment?  Is that really healthy for them to eat? Is that too dangerous?

Yes, guilt is a way of life when you become a mother.  But I've got a new one for you ladies.  How about the guilt of losing the envelope full of your child's precious baby hair from his first haircut?  Yes, the first haircut.

I am losing my mind searching for this envelope full of Jack's sweet, soft hair.  And it was a lot of hair. Remember, we were working on a mullet prior to the haircut. I have looked everywhere and finally told Rebecca tonight that it was missing and she may need to snip a few pieces of the top for me to place in the little envelope in his baby book.  Okay, she says and then feels the need to remind me that the hair in the missing envelope was the hair he was born with.  
Gulp...born with...his baby hair...I am a horrible mother.

Many of you (men) may be thinking, "It's just hair.  Heck, Jack won't even care if you saved it or not."  But I am sure all the mothers understand.  That is a very important memento that is to be saved...forever.

Sam's first haircut clippings went straight into the baby book that same night...Jack's ended up in an envelope floating somewhere around this house.  More guilt.

So I ask that those of you that read this, stop and say a little prayer that this guilty Mom may find that treasured envelope full of Jack's baby hair.  I'm hoping for a miracle.

2 comments:

Jodi Lowe said...

Angela, I will pray for you!!! I know that is an important thing for mothers. At least your baby has hair though!

Anonymous said...

I am sure the hair envelope is around somewhere. Jack is so good about helping you clean up. He most likely put it in a safe place that you will find one day when you are not even looking.
I hope you print each page of your blog for the boys to read when they are grown. It will make a wonderful book.
Good luck finding the hair envelope.
Love you
G-Ma