8.18.2008

How Much Power Does a Push-Up Have?...

Around here, a whole lot.  Push-ups and Popsicles carry a lot of weight around here and can be used as bribery for just about anything:

 

-Hassle Free Diaper Changes

-Eating a Good Dinner

-Sharing

-Rewards for Not Fighting (This is especially for Sam)

-10 Minutes of Peace to Check Emails

-Cleaning Up Toys

-Not Whining

-Keeping a 10 Month Old Still for a Good 5 minutes

Yes, I use them as a parenting tool and I'm proud of it.  I know many of you are shaking your head...can't I just discipline them and be done with it?  Hey, I'm trying but there's nothing wrong with a little incentive to encourage a less stressful day.  So for all of you mothers who understand where I'm coming from, here's to push-ups, ice cream, popsicles and any other frozen treat.  For those of you that are doubting my parenting skills, spend an afternoon over here with my boys and Cade and Cannon, throw in a few fights, screaming matches and meltdowns and you'll be running to the freezer so fast your head will spin.  Trust Me. 




No comments: