8.16.2008

Beautiful Boys

Who says long eyelashes are just for girls?  My two boys have definitely been blessed with amazing eyes.  I always hoped for doe-eyed boys... I just love brown eyes and man did I get lucky.  Sam's eyes are definitely his best feature and I often find myself just staring at the long, thick, perfect eyelashes that God has blessed him with.  The poor boy, they are so long they stick together which drives him absolutely crazy.  His Daddy's lashes do this too...yes, he is doe-eyed with extra thick lashes too.  People are always commenting on Sam's eyes and I must admit they are the prettiest I have ever seen (I'm a little partial, huh?).  Then my sweet little Jack came along looking just like Sam from the moment I first laid eyes on him.  Could I be so lucky and have two brown-eyed boys?  Yes...I knew immediately that Jack would have those same beautiful, dark eyes and I love it!  He doesn't have the lashes like Sam yet, they are long and dark but I doubt they will ever catch up with Sam's.  That's okay though, his big smile and sweet personality will be what people remember about him.  So I sure got lucky...it's as if I special ordered these precious brown-eyed beauties.  Maybe one day a little girl will come along (or another boy...that would be okay too) and continue the trend.  Lord knows she doesn't need to inherit my pitiful excuse for lashes!

 

On a side note, Sam's Mema said his haircut would make him mean and I'm beginning to wonder if she's right.  He has definitely been a little snake today!  Jack took two steps tonight but then refused to try anymore.  I thought he would have been walking a month ago.  He's been standing alone for so long now.  So here's to a Sunday full of practicing first steps and chasing Sam around with the "spanker."

 My Two Beauties



No comments: