2.03.2012

23

23 Facts About My 23 Month Old Boy
1.  He still calls me "Maw Maw." With a country drawl..."Maaaaaawwwww, Maaaaawwwww!"  And I love it.  
2.  His eyelashes are a long as his older brothers', but unlike theirs, his curl softly, brushing upwards towards his brow.  They are beautiful and one of my favorite things on his precious face.
3.  He has a fierce temper.  Like a fist-clinched, red-faced temper.  It's serious.  And hilarious.
4.  He talks like a champ now, with a vocabulary that's pretty astounding.  Especially since he just decided to give this whole talking thing a try a couple of months ago.
5.  He remains a Mama's boy, but lately only wants his Daddy if he wakes up during the night.
6.  He loves "Pot" (Spot) and "Aaay-lerr" (Sayler) and heads straight to their pen when he goes outside.
7.  He prefers chocolate milk and calls it "Me -Mo" or "Me-Moke."  It is really the only "word" he says that he hasn't changed or corrected.
8.  He has impeccable manners.  This boy says "Peas" religiously.  It is so adorable.  We are working on "thank you" and if he ever learns "bless you," I may not be able to handle the polite sweetness.
9.  He thinks naps are uncool.  His Mama thinks his avoiding naps is uncool.
10.  He is still obsessed with my iPhone and the iPad, but his love affair has moved past playing Angry Birds and deleting all his Mama's apps.  His mission in life these days is to make sure all my devices are fully charged.  As soon as he sees either one, he runs (at full speed) to grab it, develops a British accent and yells "Chaaag  it!  Chaaag it!" and then proceeds to locate the charger and plug it in.  And it doesn't matter if you are currently using either one, this boy is serious about battery life and he will swipe it out of your hands and have it plugged in to "Chaag!" before you can tell him "No, thank you."
11.  His favorite show is Peppa Pig.  It helps that it is also Jack's favorite and we DVR every episode and that we have our very own "Peppa" in the yard.
12.  His love for Peppa and Spot has led him to perfect his pig snorting.  He's a pro now.
13.  He loves baths.  And the toilet.  And flooding the bathroom floor.  In that order.
14.  He snores.  And it is darling.  And sometimes loud.
15.  He goes to the barn with Jody every night to put the chickens up.  It is the highlight of his evening and he always says, "Night, night, chickens!" as they shut the door to the coop.
16.  He wants to dress himself and pick out his own clothes.  Unfortunately, Sam's size 6-7 pajamas are usually his clothing choice.  I can now roll pant legs and shirt sleeves up in my sleep.
17.  He loves watching The Jungle Book in the van.  But he only wants to watch the elephants march "in the military style."  He sternly tells me "Hut, two, three, four!  Hut, two, three, four aaa-gain!"  This drives his brothers crazy and I'm guilty of replaying the scene over and over again just to avoid him fussing at me to play "Hut, two, three four aaa-gain!"  And in case you need to know, the march begins at the 13:09 mark of the movie and can be watched at least 37 times on the short drive to and from school.
18.  He never wants to be left behind and will quickly tell you, "Go too!  Go too!"  
19.  He repeats everything his brothers say.  The latest..."I like big butts and I cannot lie."  And he said it perfectly.  Just like Sam and Jack did.  And there I stood in shock, wondering where on earth they had heard that song.  Wondering and laughing.  My baby quotes Sir Mix A Lot.  Nice.
20.  He likes to crawl in my lap and grab a handful of my hair when he sees Jack sitting with me, "getting my hair."  This infuriates Jack.  One day I fully expect that his invasion of  Jack's turf will lead to blows.  And possible hair loss for me.
21.  He loves popcorn.  He opens the pantry, points to the shelf and yells, "POP!"  Tell him "not now"?  Not good.  Pick him up to show him we are all out of "POP!"?  Let the meltdown/temper tantrum/exorcism commence.
22.  He still loves Adele.  Peppa Pig, Sir Mix A Lot and Adele.  Culture, baby.  Culture.
23.  He makes my heart swell.  I ask for a kiss.  He gives me one.  I say, "I love you."  He says, "Two!"  (I love you, too).  He pauses for a second and says, "Three!"  Pause.  "Four!" This is my cue to continue counting.  Me:  'Five!"  Him:  "Six!"  Me:  "Seven!"  Him:  "Eight!"  Me:  "Nine!"  Him:  "Ten!"  He giggles and runs away.  It never gets old.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that is one sweet 23 month old!
Love you
G-MA