9.27.2010

Rainy Day Fun


Today we received a little much needed rain.  The boys and I ran errands and returned home after lunch.  Jack ran straight inside and returned from his room with his rain boots and rain coat.  

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked.  
"My going outside in the rain!"  
"Oh, no, you can't."
"Yes, my can."
"No, you may get sick if you run around in the rain."
"It's okay, Mama.  My will keep my mouth shut, okay?"
So I agreed.  Because he had so nicely promised to keep his mouth shut, which would of course keep him from getting sick.
He ran and laughed and splashed through puddles.  And he got very mad and frustrated that his boots kept getting water in them.  He continuously sat down and dumped out his boots, complaining the entire time.

Running through our soaked yard and driveway.  Giggling and grinning and celebrating the simple things. What a perfect way to spend an afternoon.

No comments: