9.20.2010

Nearly Three

Jack.  My nearly three year old baby.   Do you know how much I love you?  More than you can imagine, more than you can dream, more than you can believe.  I adore your spunk and spirit and those chocolate eyes of yours melt my heart on a daily basis.  As you approach the tender age of three, I want you to know how much I love who you are today.  

I love...
the way you insist on wearing your cowboy boots without socks and often on the wrong feet and when I try to correct you, you flash me a grin and say, "It' okay, Mama.  It's okay."...that you still ask me at least once every day for a milk cup and my hair.  I happily oblige even when it means I am sitting by you on the couch with my head tilted in an uncomfortable position so that you can twist my hair around your fingers...you say "my" instead of "I" or "me" ...the way you say "Daddy" in the sweetest, most loving tone...you freely give hugs and kisses...you still feel little in my arms...you participate in television shows like Dora and Blue Clues., answering questions and repeating words.  Sam never did this so I love watching you...your affection for chocolate milk and jelly biscuits...your knowledge of cows...the fact that you are potty trained and it took no effort on my part, you just did it...hearing you sing...watching you run...that I can whisper " I love you" in your ear after you've fallen asleep and you whisper, "My love you, too."...staring into your warm eyes...watching you dress up like a cowboy...seeing your love of life...the way you try to make me smile or laugh when you're in trouble...that you never hold a grudge...the way you call peanut butter sandwiches "peanut butter pies"...that you wear your underwear backwards so you can see the superheroes...your easy going attitude...your love of vacuum cleaners, you've loved them since birth (just like your Mama)...the baby voice you use when playing with Will...snuggling with you...taking care of you...being your Mom...spending my days with you...everything.  Everything about you, sweet boy.

No comments: