8.19.2010

I Should Get Out More

Maybe I'm crazy. Or maybe after a day full of children, I'm just in need of a little more adult interaction. Whatever. I have no shame over what I talked my oldest son into doing last night. You see, it's something I've been begging him to let me do for over a year now. And finally, last night, he obliged his Mama. I put mascara on Sam. For no other reason than I was really dying to see how those amazing lashes would look with a little something extra on them. I quickly brushed on a little mascara, marveled at my work, snapped a couple of pictures and then carefully wiped away my handiwork with baby wipes. Needless to say, his lashes looked spectacular.
I giggled like a kid as I "made up" my oldest son. And just because we snuck away to my bedroom doesn't mean that I was hiding from my husband. Because, really, there wasn't anything wrong with coating my boy's lashes with makeup. And if I needed justification I would just explain that I don't have any girls to "make up." And my own lashes are kind of skimpy so I've never seen such instant gratification from a tube of mascara. And Sam's Mema has been begging me for years to put makeup on him. And really, what a waste it would be not to let Sam's lashes reach their full potential.
So thank you, Sam, for letting your Mama have a little fun at your expense. You're the best. And don't worry sweetie, these pictures will never be seen in your high school yearbook or in a video on the eve of your wedding. I promise.

1 comment:

Jodi Lowe said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Why couldn't girls get lashes like that???