7.01.2010

Vacation...or Something Like That

We are wrapping up our week at the beach.  It has been wonderful and I'm sad to see it end.  I must admit, though, that I am excited about diving into my bed and sleeping. Needless to say, things have been a little crazy in our house this week.  Six kids, age six and under...enough said.  The kids have been good and very sweet to one another.  But it has been a tiring week.  Every minute we are checking to see who is where, doing a head count and making sure no one is trying to scale the balcony.  Today, in a four hour span, the following occurred...


We brought all the kids in off the beach and I began scrubbing them in the outdoor shower. Jack disappeared and I sent Allyson to find him.  She returned and told me she'd take over the shower and I could go clean up after Jack.  My child decided to take a dump on the steps leading into the house.  Thank God for hosepipes.


The kids decided our bathroom would be an excellent place to have a camp out.  They drug cots, blanket, pillows and stuffed animals in. I peeked in on them and caught Cannon in peeing in the shower.  You would think if you're going to use the shower for a urinal that you'd at least pee in the drain.  


A few minutes later we discovered that nearly every blanket and stuffed animal was wet.  Why?  Because Jack found the plunger and used it to sling toilet water every where.


Landry snuck into Nana's bathroom and dumped leave in conditioner in her hair.  Needless to say, she didn't have any knots in her hair tonight.


At dinner Sam announced that he needed to go to the bathroom.  He ran in and Landry and Cannon soon followed.  I walked in and found all three naked.  I then found crap smeared all over a hand towel and pieces on the floor.  At the same time Landry tried to use the edge of the shower for a balance beam and fell in.  We're still not sure who used the towel as a wipe.


The boys were cleaning their feet in the outdoor shower after dinner and Cannon decided to pee on
Cade, which led to a lot of yelling and a small brawl.


Now I understand why people say they need a vacation from their vacation.

No comments: