5.29.2010

This Week

Around our house this week...

Will is definitely teething and is constantly drooling and gnawing on his little fist.  This is happening too soon, if I do say so myself.  Jack refuses to stay in his car seat.  I have turned around to find him standing behind me in the van a couple of times this week.  Spankings and time outs don't stop him.  I'm seriously considering taking him to the police station and having an officer scare the *&$# out of him.  Sam and Jack will break into their rendition of "Old Yeller" at any given moment.  Very loudly, I should add.  When I answered Sam with "Because" the other day he very sternly told me, "Mama, because is not an answer."  The boys got to get very close to a newborn calf hours after he was born.  The calf laid there calmly as both boys rubbed his soft back.  We are up to 63 cows and calves now.  Will is definitely losing his hair.  A storm blew down our peach tree that was overflowing with nearly-ripe peaches.  Sam's nose healed and the scab is gone.  He hurt it last week at the pediatrician's office when he thought it would be a good idea to pretend to be an orangutan and flip upside down in the chair.  He busted his nose, a bloody mess, and had bad carpet burn across his nose.  Will had his first trip to a pool and dipped his sweet little toes in before deciding he'd rather take a nap than swim.  Jack loves wearing his cowboy boots on the hottest days and they are nearly stuck to his legs when I try to pull them off.  Sam is swimming really well and can hold his breath for a pretty long time.  Jack doesn't want to swim at all so far this year. Will has added squash and carrots to his foods that he likes and has only refused peaches so far.  Jack thought it would be funny to pee in Will's bouncy seat.  I wasn't amused.  And he peed in Jody's shoes this week since mine weren't on the porch.  Sam got really good at shooting a toy bow and arrow set that Jody got him.  But Jack broke all the arrows and Jody had to order a new set for Sam.  He actually ordered three since they were on sale and we all know Jack will likely break the new arrows too if given the chance.  Jody told me again this week that he would keep Jack this age forever if he could, even though he is "mean as a snake."  Allyson told the boys a scary story about an old man in a wheel chair and Sam was too scared to sleep on the top bunk that night because there could be "wheelchairs up there." I think I cleaned my house 47 times this week.  It's amazing what kids can do to a house in an half hour takes me three hours to clean up.  We celebrated Mema Re's eightieth birthday at Lonestar steakhouse, but she keeps telling me she loved having her party at the Longbranch. I got a flat tire yesterday and had to have my vehicle towed.  Another good week around here...chaos and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment. Everyday is an adventure.
Got to love IT!
Love
G-MA