5.30.2010

Stinkers

Nap time doesn't happen much around my house. In fact, Will is the only real napper residing under our roof. Sam gave up naps well over a year ago and Jack avoids naps like the plague, except for those days that he falls asleep in the car. So today when Sam walked into the den and announced that he was ready to have rest time, I thought nothing of it. Five minutes later when he and Jack were standing before me wearing pajamas, I still didn't take them seriously. Jody said, "Angela, are you serious? How hard can it be with these three at home all day? These two are begging you to take a nap right now? In fact, I think I'll take a nap too." Whatever, I thought. There is no way those two are going to sleep at 1:00 in the afternoon. I took Will down the hall to my room and laid down with him until he fell asleep. I then peaked into the boys' room and was astonished to find my three boys all snoring in unison. These boys who never, ever shut their sweet little eyes for me during the day. And it made me sick. I mean are they trying to make me look bad? Are they trying to make being a stay at home mom look like the easiest job in the world? They just gave their Daddy more evidence to use against me when he feels the need to remind me of how easy I have it! Little stinkers.


No comments: