5.14.2010

A Note to the Tooth Fairy

Dear Tooth Fairy,
Thanks for visiting last night to mark such an exciting occasion in our household...our first lost tooth.  Sam was so excited to go to bed and place his damaged little tooth under his pillow.  He was even more excited when he woke up today and suddenly remembered to check for the surprise you left him.  So imagine his disappointment (and my horror) when he threw his pillow off his bed to reveal nothing laying beneath.  He was a little shocked and his smile was replaced by a frown.  Luckily, Daddy called just as we were searching for Sam's surprise.  It seems that he, the Tooth Fairy, left a five dollar bill under Jack's milk cup on the ledge of the bunk bed.  The Tooth Fairy thought I could slide the bill under Sam's pillow when I went in to get early bird Jack out of bed.  And you see this would have worked if Jack hadn't spotted the money before I came into to get him and stolen the money.  I didn't check under Sam's pillow at the time because I didn't want to wake him.  So I was as shocked as he was, Tooth Fairy, when there was no treasure under the pillow.  We searched under the bed, pulled the sheets and quilt off and checked under the rug.  No money!  I had to sneak away to my room and find a crumpled up bill in my jeans pocket from the day before and throw it back under the pile of bedding when Sam wasn't looking.  I asked Sam to check under the sheets one more time and he pulled them back to find the crumpled up bill.  He was thrilled and I as relieved.  And Jack stood by with a grin and guilty look in his eyes.  I asked him later if he had seen Sam's money.  "Yep," he said, "My got it!"  He refused to tell me where he hid it and it has yet to be found.  So Tooth fairy, next time hide the bill under the pillow so Jack "Sticky Fingers" Standley doesn't take off with the treasure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now he looks like a seven year old.........OH MY!!
Love
G-MA