5.17.2010

Little Leaguer

I found out last night that Sam's t-ball season for church starts this week. His first game is Thursday. I ran into his room as he was falling asleep and told him he would be having practice and a game this week. His response..."I'm not playing, Mama. Not until I'm as old as Cade." Shocked (since he asked for t-ball stuff for his birthday and Easter), I told him to think about it and we'd talk about it later. We were out this afternoon with Bec and Nana and Nana offered to go buy him a pair of cleats. He was thrilled about that and was soon running laps around Dick's with his new shoes. Jack begged for "apple cleats" (Nike cleats with a red swoosh) and was heartbroken when they didn't have his size. He threw a small tantrum and I had to assure him we would find him cleats tomorrow. Tonight after baths he brought Sam's cleats to his Daddy so he could try them on. Later, he ran up to me looking like this...
Sam's cleats, Sam's glove, Daddy's hat and Robin's magnet necklace that Sam took from him earlier tonight when Robin told him it would make him "hit the ball really, really far." He yelled to me, "Hey, Mama. My go to baseball game. And my hit the ball and my run and my catch the ball too." He was grinning from ear to ear and so proud to be a "baseball player." So on the itinerary for tomorrow: find cleats, pants and a hat for my precious, two year old t-ball player. And hope some of his excitement rubs off on his big brother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the way it goes. The young one wants to do the things the older one can and the older one does want to do it.
Soon they will both be playing sports and running YOUR legs off.
I love it.
Love
G-MA