1.31.2010

Our Weekend

Our weekend didn't involve much fun in the snow.  Friday night as the snow began to fall, Sam was so excited.  He and I ran around outside twice in our pajamas admiring the flakes as they began to stick. Saturday morning both the boys bounded out of bed to get dressed and head outside.  Jody took them out and they lasted about ten minutes.  I found them eating breakfast and watching Noggin at G-Ma's house. I noticed Sam seemed a little whiny and out of sorts.  He and I caught a ride with Robin and Mimi to the movie store and he was crying and begging to go home half way there. He finally told me his ear was hurting.  We ran in Blockbuster and rented five animal themed movies as Sam continued to beg to go home.  After more tears and whining, we headed to the new Emergency Room near our house.  I didn't want to be stuck at home for days with a child with a bulging eardrum.  We went right in and my worries were confirmed, a bad left ear infection.  Jody came to pick us up at the ER and we went to get Sam's antibiotic.  By then, the Motrin they gave him in the ER had kicked in and he was a happy, sweet, very talkative boy again.  He is feeling much better and even ventured outside today to go on a hike with his Daddy.  As I type this he is laying beside me wearing his first pair of under-roos and I swear he looks like he's seven years old.  I can't handle how fast he is growing.  We have a busy week ahead.  Sam goes back to the dentist, the nursery and big boys' room is being painted and the much anticipated bunk beds are being delivered.  Fun, fun, fun.

No comments: