1.24.2010

Cheap Laugh

Last night we ate dinner at  Nana and JP's .  Jack came over to me on the couch and began pulling up my shirt to see the baby, something he does pretty often.  After a quick peak, he ran off to the playroom to join the others.  Allyson asked me if I had drawn a picture on my belly for Sam and Jack yet, something she did often for Cade and Cannon when she was pregnant with Landry.  I hadn't even thought about doing the face trick yet so when she mentioned it, I jumped on it.  I ran to find Nana's washable markers and Ally and I snuck into the bathroom so she could draw a picture of Will on my belly.  She and I both were dying laughing as she struggled to incorporate my belly button that is now completely sticking out.  She finished and I sat back on the couch and called Jack.  He came running and when I asked him if he wanted to see the baby again, he said yes and sweetly leaned over to kiss my belly...
and then he lifted my shirt to find the face.
He immediately let out a shriek and jumped away from me, scared to death,... 
and then the others came running to see what was going on.
Sam saw my belly and had to fight back tears.  He was really disturbed and came up to me and said, "No, Mama.  I don't want Will to look like that.  I don't like his face like that."  I reassured him that it was just a joke and that Will would certainly not look like that baby, with arched eyebrows , spiky hair, and a huge mouth.
When everyone realized it was just a joke, they all gathered around to look at the funny face on my very large belly.
After everyone took a good look and admired Ally's  artwork, Jack told me it was time to "clean it off" and he insisted on scrubbing my belly until all signs of the face were gone.  Just another cheap laugh at the expense of my wonderful children and their cousins.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that had to be so funny. I know Jack got a surprise. I bet he has asked about it since then.
Love
G-MA