11.19.2009

I Can't Make This Stuff Up

While bathing Sam and Jack the other night, the following conversation occurred...

"Hey, Mama. You know what kind of pet I want you to get me from the pet store?"

"What kind, Sam?"

"A pet boobie."

Stunned, I was sure he was referring to some strange kind of animal and was mispronouncing the name...

"A pet boobie? What in the world is that?"

And without a seconds delay, my son reached out patted my boob and said, "That, Mama. That's a boobie. And I want a pet one."

I was speechless, although the thought that immediately popped into my brain was, "Yeah, son. You want a pet boobie. You and every other man alive." But I said nothing. I moved on to another, more appropriate, subject. And I'm just hoping he doesn't tell others his wish for that special pet.

No comments: