11.18.2009

He Sleeps

He rarely naps. Days go by with no rest. And so when he does nap, I relish every second of my "free time." I run around like a crazy woman, seeing how much I can accomplish in a short, precious amount of time. I giggle as I mark things off my "to do list." I rush to do as much as I can before I hear my signal telling me "time's up." My signal...the sound of his little feet bounding down the hall, overflowing with newfound energy, desperate to find me or Sam. He sees me and runs into my arms, hair messy and sweaty, blanket in hand, his grin reaching every corner of his face. He leaps into my arms, thrilled to be with me again. And I realize that I've missed him so much and that those footsteps don't really signal the end of my "free time." They are the sounds that reunite me with me sweet little one. The one I've been missing while he sleeps. The one I love so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't he look so much like Sam in this picture. I had to look twice to make sure.
He needed that energy last night at church. He and Robin played hard for about 40 minutes.
Love
G-MA