11.14.2009

Hunting Trip

Today was a special day for Sam. Jody took him on his first hunting trip. Sam filled his backpack with grapes, juice boxes, binoculars and his battery powered revolver and was thrilled to head out with his Daddy. Jody even gave him one of his "special knives" to carry in his backpack. Before he left he said, "Mama, I'm going with Daddy to shoot a deer and you're going to cook it and it's going to be delicious. But don't cook the horns, okay, because I don't like horns. They're too hard to chew up." Little does he know, his Mama doesn't ever plan on cooking any deer. They loaded up in the truck and headed to Mema Willa and Granddaddy's house. They climbed into the loft of the barn and watched for deer. Jody said they'd be home by dark which would have meant a four hour trip. I knew there was no way Sam would sit still that long and wasn't at all surprised to see them pull in the driveway at 3:30. I think Jody was a little disappointed that they didn't get to stay long enough to see anything since hunting is a rare treat for him these days. I'm just happy they were able to spend time together. That's all that matters.

So happy...
All packed up...
Daddy's special knife...
My little hunter...
Jody sent me these pics from his phone. Sam scoping things out...
Special Daddy and Sam time...

No comments: