11.16.2009

He Sings

Sam went to choir practice with Cade and Cannon a couple of weeks ago. Cade and Cannon have sung in the choir for a while now, but Sam has never been in the choir before. The teachers gave him a cd to practice the songs for the Christmas performance in a few weeks. He insists that he loves singing but he doesn't want to sing in front of the church. I keep encouraging him to please sing with the other boys and girls because he sings so pretty. He says, "maybe." We keep the cd in the car and play it over and over. He knows nearly every song and sings them with such a sweet confidence and a joyful spirit. I must admit my eyes fill with tears nearly every time I hear him singing about Jesus. His favorite song goes, "By and by, we're going to see the King." Sam sings it this way, "By and by, we're kissing the King." It is adorable and I don't have the heart to correct him. I'm just thrilled to hear my child singing about Jesus...even if the words aren't quite right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet...if he sings we'll be there
Love you
G-MA