10.11.2009

Jack's Birthday Party

Jack had a wonderful Dora/Diego birthday party. He was happy and laughing the entire time, with no nap and a cold. The food was delicious, all four sets of his great grandparents came, his favorite cousins and his friend Madi were here to play with him and Sam and he got lots of new, fun toys. I felt terrible about my cupcake ordeal and broke down and ordered a Dora/Diego cake last night. It was pretty simple, with plastic figurines perched on top, but Jack loved it. He loved my cupcakes too and even made me feel good by eating one for me. Most of the kids tried one of my creations but needless to say, I tossed the majority of them into the trash after the party. The more I looked at them, the more I saw Diana Ross and the Supremes. The party ended with Jack and Landry stripped down to their diapers, jumping in and out of the ice buckets for the drinks. We all sat back and marveled over their toughness. Jack ended that activity by deciding it'd be really funny to pee in the bucket they were playing in. Both the boys were up at 6:30 this morning and have played hard all day. By 6:00, they were both snuggled up asleep in bed. They never get up that early or go to sleep that early. Never. So who knows what time my day will start tomorrow. Maybe 4:00? Who knows...



2 comments:

Lisa Hardee said...

I loved the Dora cake and cupcakes. You did a great job! Happy Birthday, Jack. (Can't believe he is already two!) Can't remember if I told you congratulations on the third! I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful party and all the food was delicious. Thank you Jack for becoming a two year old. It was such fun. I loved every minute of it.
I love you
G-MA