7.31.2009

While You Sleep...

While you sleep, I find myself awake,
often watching you as I rub your soft hair and kiss your sweet cheeks.
You wander off into dreams,
and I dream about what you may be thinking of.
I often find my love for you to be the most overwhelming at these moments,
moments when you don't even know I am there.
I worry endlessly about you and lift you up in prayer,
knowing that your heavenly father loves you even more than I do.
I relive our day, hoping I showed you that you are my everything,
and making promises to show you even more tomorrow.
I cover you gently, careful not to wake you, 
but intent on making sure you are warm.
I stare at your faces, little faces I find so breathtaking,
and am filled with amazement that I had some part in creating you.
And while you sleep, deep in dreams of all things wonderful,
I fall in love with you all over again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't they look like angels.......
Love you
G-MA