2.10.2009

Sick...

...again.  Jack woke up at 5:00 this morning with a horrible, persistant cough.  Yesterday a little snotty nose and this morning a full blown cold.  A really, really bad cold.  By 9:00 he was wheezing terribly.  This is a new one for me...Cade and Cannon get sick and wheeze pretty often so I called Ally immediately.  She told me what to watch with his breathing while I waited for his doctor's appointment.  Sam spent the afternoon with her which made me and him very happy.  I worry so much that he has been a little left behind through the last few weeks with Jack being sick so much.  Knowing he is enjoying himself, having fun at the park and not being forced to sit at the doctor's office brings me more peace than you can imagine.  Jack's breathing became very labored right as we were going in for our appointment. Bronchiolitis. A nasty, nasty virus. We held him down for a breathing treatment and he improved quickly.  The nurse gave me the gear to give treatments at home and we were off.  He slept on the way home and woke up wheezing again. Jody took care of him while I ran to get his medication and pick up Sam.  He needed a breathing treatment as soon as I got home with the medication.  He screamed the entire time, but again he felt better pretty quickly.  We will do treatments as needed and he is also taken an oral steroid.  We have a busy weekend coming up with parties for Cade's birthday so I hope he will be well soon.  This little boy sure deserves a fun-filled weekend with no sickness.  It's what I'm hoping for...

No comments: