1.30.2009

New

We have two new babies at our house...twin girls.  These sweet calves were born yesterday.  Jody took Sam in to see them Thursday when they were just a few hours old.  This afternoon Cade and Cannon came to see the two little girls that Sam's Mema has named "Button" and "Bows."  We are hoping they will both be able to nurse and will not have to be bottle fed.  They are really adorable.  

On a side note...yesterday when we went to see the babies for the first time I excitedly asked Jody, "Did you know she was having twins the whole time?"  Without blinking he responded, "Well, Ang, after I saw the sonogram I knew it was twins."  Dumb me, huh?  I thought maybe he knew because she was a little bigger than normal.  Apparently in nature you don't know these things until they happen.  I guess I have a lot to learn around here.

"Button" and "Bows"
Cade feeds her a little hay with Farmer Sam's supervision.
Cannon gives her a rub.
A Mother's Love...the Mama cow stood at the gate waiting for her to come back in.
Sam is loving this...can you tell?

1 comment:

Michelle Oliver said...

You have to invite us over some time. Ella and Cole would love to see the animals, especially Ella. I never knew cows could have twins. How cool!