1.29.2009

For My Husband...

This, honey, is my proof for you.  Proof of what two boys, your two boys, can do when they exercise a little teamwork. You always say..."Don't constantly go behind them picking up.  You are wasting your time.  They are just going to make a mess as soon as you're done."  And I try to explain to you that if I didn't constantly walk behind them, managing their messes, that they could and would overtake this house in one day.  Flat.  Last night we went to a bed with a clean, neat house.  This morning they destroyed that clean, neat house in thirty minutes.  Their thirty minutes of terror caused me two hours of clean up.  So this, my dear husband, is why I am a little rattled some days when you come home.  If you come home to a messy house, you certainly understand why.  But more importantly, if you come home to a house that is in any way clean or straight, this doesn't mean they didn't make a mess that day.  It just means I was able to clean it up and hide the evidence.  

The den...notice the kitchen rug has been drug in, diapers and clothes are everywhere and Sam has brought stuffed animals from his room (because the 75 we have in they toy box weren't quite enough).  And please notice the train table that I brought in from the office last night as a surprise is now bear.  The train (yes the train that took us an hour to build) and all it's pieces are thrown around the room.


Our bathroom...clothes thrown down, q-tips and cotton balls dumped out.  Jack threw the glass container that holds the q-tips on the floor.  Glass was everywhere.

This is what our lovely Jack was walking around with.  It's a miracle he doesn't have a nice set of stitches tonight.
Our bedroom...hangers from the closet thrown everywhere, drawers emptied and left hanging out, pillows thrown around and a stool turned over.

Do you feel just a little bit sorry for me?  Are you sitting there thinking, "What could I do to help?"  I was hoping you would feel this way.  Here are a few things you could do this weekend:
1.  Install latches on all cabinets in the house...not just in the kitchen.
2.  Schedule a massage for me, your loving wife.
3.  Install a gate at the entrance to the hall, allowing them only four rooms to destroy.
4.  Figure out how to operate the toilet locks.
5.  And if you're feeling really sweet...Merry Maids serves our area.  

4 comments:

Jody said...

Here are somethings you can do to help yourself if things get to bad for you at home:
1.Put them in daycare.
2.Get a job!!

Michelle Oliver said...

Hilarious! I am crying, I'm laughing so hard. It's funny because Scott will ask,"So what did you do today?" Does he really even have a clue? I wonder. Good that you can poke fun at yourself and trust me some houses look worse... Like mine.

Lisa Hardee said...

This looks way too familiar! Boys can tear up a house! I pick up after mine all the time too! Funny...funny! We all (moms) understand!

Jodi Lowe said...

Oh my gosh!!! Hilarious. And I am glad that Jack didn't get hurt on the glass q-tip holder!!! I dont' even put out that many things that come apart now, because I step on the parts, Sawyer is always askign me to put it back to gether and then tearing it apart immediatley, and I then I step on the parts again!!! I am cracking up