11.04.2008

Time to Vote

The boys and I met Jody at the polls today to vote.  Luckily, there was no wait.  We walked right in and right out.  Jody had Jack to help him cast his vote and I had Sam.  I tried to explain to Sam what we were doing.  I told him we were electing our president and in 16 years he'd be able to vote too.  He showed little interest in my political lessons and was more intrigued by the machine you feed your ballot in to.  

Sam was excited to get an "I voted" sticker.  I told him I voted for John McCain.  So for a few minutes he said "I voted for John McCain."  Soon he was telling people he voted for Johnny Cash.  John McCain, Johnny Cash...hey, sounds the same to him.

I told Sam John McCain was running against Barack Obama who Sam refers to as "I rock ya mama."  Again, it sounded right to him.

And it turns out Sam may have a political future.  According to Cannon, Sam should be the next president. Cannon really wanted to go with Ally to vote and he was convinced Sam should be our next president.  Man, Cannon really thinks highly of his cousin doesn't he? 

1 comment:

Jodi Lowe said...

Sam would be a better president then " you rock ya mama" ! Cute! Like I said, you are a brave soul for taking the children! they must behave better then mine! :-)