11.08.2008

Date Night


I had a wonderful date tonight with the most handsome little gentleman.  Sam and I went on a "date" with Ally and her boys and Michelle and Cole.  A special night...my first "date" with Sam and his first trip to the movies. He was an angel...sweet and loving and so excited.  He was amazed at the size of the movie screen and stood there staring at it, mouth wide open, for the longest time.  He was pumped over his own popcorn and m&ms (no sharing with Daddy this time) and his bright red icee.   All the boys did perfect...Cole and Cade watched the movie quietly...Sam and Cannon tried to watch quietly.  It was quite funny to be engrossed in the movie and hear Cannon and Sam decide they need to discuss something...LOUDLY.  Thirty minutes into the movie Sam yells to Cannon, "Hey Cannon.  Wanna go to my house and play with my tractors?"  "No Cammy, you come to my house and bring your tractors."  "Otay, Cannon."  Later, Cannon announced to me, in his loudest Cannon voice,  "Ya Ya, somebody needs to clean up all this popcorn" as he proceeded to stomp on the kernels and grind them into his shoe. They bounced from seat to seat and I felt like I needed to offer a refund to the poor folks in front of us who at any moment were apt to be jolted in their seat by "DD and Cammy" jerking on the back of their chair.  They became a little bored at the end and I thought we were going to have to make a run for the exits a couple of times, but we stuck it out.  I loved my night with my little man and look forward to many more "dates" in our future.

Our Handsome Dates...
A little "Ring around the Rosey" before the show starts...
Sam's amazement over the giant screen...
Loving his snacks...
My Best Buddy...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These times are so important. The boys love having Mama all to themselves. I think it is a wonderful idea to have a date night. Looks like lots of fun
Love
G-MA

Michelle Oliver said...

We had a lot of fun. So glad we got to go. Cute pictures.

Jodi Lowe said...

That is so sweet! I don't think Sawyer is ready for date night yet. He just won't sit still that long. Maybe in a few months we can go too!!!