10.26.2008

Little Lions


Last year Sam absolutely refused to wear his Halloween costume.  He was supposed to be a lion, but when his costume came he wouldn't come near it.  I even went and bought another cheapie lion costume at Target hoping he would wear it.  Nope.  I begged.  I pleaded.  I threatened.  And then I gave up.  Looking back, I'm glad I let it go.  I will never forget taking our Halloween pictures and Sam stubbornly sitting there with his "I refuse to wear my costume!" sign that I made him carry.  Priceless.  Fast forward one year and the boy is all about being an elephant this year.  He loves wearing his costume and runs around doing his best elephant impersonation.  The other day I showed him his lion costume from last year and he just had to put it on.  And the cheapie went on Jack...minus the tights that should have been underneath.  I realized after putting it on Jack that there is no way Sam could have gotten into it.  I couldn't have gotten him out of it which I am sure would have been a beautiful moment.  So they both got dressed in their lion suits and off we went so Sam could scare Mema (too bad she wasn't home).  Sam roared ferociously and Jack walked around with the costume that was way too small proudly showing off those fat, fat legs.  What a difference a year makes!





4 comments:

Michelle Oliver said...

That is so cute! I don't think I ever saw that picture last year.

Lisa Hardee said...

Joseph and I remember that picture from last year. That was so funny! Sometimes they have a mind of their own and there is no changing it! That is absolutely the cutest lion I've ever seen (with those chubby legs)!

Anonymous said...

Time goes by so fast. I remember Sam refusing to wear his costume. These are the cutest pictures. I am loving seeing them each day. I want copies for me. I am forever dragging people in to see the blog. You do such a wonderful job. The lion pictures made me laugh and the brother pictures made me wipe a tear. I love those boys....
Love
G-Ma

Jodi Lowe said...

I think that picture if one of the funniest pictures I have ever seen! And Jack's little chubby legs... oh my gosh! Oh dag on cute!