9.30.2008

Okay, I Get It...

Yes, now I understand.  I cooked a big pot of spaghetti two nights ago and was lucky enough to have all five kids sitting in my kitchen hungry and ready to dig in.  The three older boys sat nicely at Sam's farm table while Jack and Landry sat in the booster seat and high chair.  I knew it would be messy.  Sam and Jack love spaghetti and they usually make quite a mess.  I only have one rule-shirts off...for some reason, stain remover doesn't quite get out that tomato sauce.  Ally has told me over and over again when I serve spaghetti, let the big boys eat outside on the patio and don't let the babies feed themselves.  Well, I let them all eat inside and yes Jack and Landry feed themselves.  They have to learn sometime, right?  I looked over 10 minutes into the meal to find the three older ones doing well.  Cade had made very little mess, Sam had quite a bit on him but it was contained to just a few areas and Cannon only had spaghetti under his armpit (don't ask me, that's just Cannon).  Jack was a mess but no more so than any other time and hey, he's a baby.  And then I saw her.  Landry Lee.  And I got it.  This is why Ally said I should feed them.  There was spaghetti everywhere...her hair, down her diaper, between her toes, in her ears...EVERYWHERE.  So straight to the tub she went, half a box of noodles stuck to her body and all.  And as I was on my hands and knees cleaning spaghetti off the floor, the door, the rug and even into the living room (????), I kicked myself for not listening to my big sister.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what the bow in Landry's hair matches the spaghetti sauce. She is still styling. Now I want you to serve them RICE. I loved the pictures. Landry looks like me when I eat spaghetti. You go girl.........
Love you
G-MA

Allyson Lee said...

One day you will learn to listen to me...just kidding. Just glad it wasn't my house because I know you were still finding noodles 2 days later. I'm sure it was hard for the proclaimed neatfreak and OCD person you are. Five kids and spaghetti would probably be a part of the 12 step program for OCD Anonymous.