8.20.2008

Loving Life

That's how I feel today...I have a wonderful life.  My two boys are reaching new milestones every day and I am beginning to understand why so many say it is good to have your children close together.  Don't get me wrong, those first few weeks weren't pretty.  I think I was crying every day when Jody got home from work and even called him a few times to tell him that I just couldn't do it.  Yes, I was sure I was one crying spell away from the crazy house.  Allyson reminded me often...just get through the first three months and it will get easier.  She was right.  It does get easier and now I can't imagine my life without these two sweeties, 18 months apart, and becoming little buddies.  They actually make each other laugh now and seem to genuinely love each other.  Each of them lights up when they see the other and I often catch sweet interactions that they don't know I see.  Like today, riding home from errands I hear Sam say, "Mommy, that was nice."  I turn to see him handing Jack a french fry that he has carefully broken in to a safe size for his little brother.  "Yes, honey.  You are nice."  I catch Jack staring at Sam with wonder and amazement and hope he will always look to his big brother with such admiration.  I pray they will be best friends and will take care of each other always, long after I'm gone.  Don't get me wrong, they fight and I know the big fights are yet to come, but there is already a strong and special love that I can see growing each day.  And they are so much fun and both at such exciting stages.  Jack is still all smiles, can say "Mama" (I love it!), is pointing at everything now and still loves to tease us with a step now and then.  He is so cute...I beg him to walk to me...he stands there grinning at me from ear to ear, lets the anticipation build and then flops down as if to say, "Ha, got you again.  I'm not walking anywhere today."  And Sam, I had no idea that hearing your child communicate with you could be so amazing and just plain fun. He is expressive and smart and I can nearly understand everything he says now and when I don't he finds away to make me get it.  The other day he was attempting to tell me he wanted cinnamon rolls (his new favorite food) and I told him I could not understand what he was asking for to which he tried again with "Mommy, I want a cinnamon big snake."  Get it?  The cinnamon rolls he eats are dough rolled like a curled up snake.  I told you he is smart, pure genius. I can't wait to hear the next thing he will say...he is talking every minute and sharing a conversation with him is a joy I've never known.  Just the other day we were riding in the car and I said:

"Sam, you know what?" 

"What?"  

"I love you."

He sat there quietly for a few seconds and then said:

"Mommy, know what?"

My heart soared...was he going to repeat what I said to him...

"What honey?"

"I pick up golf balls."  Yes, I come in a close second to golf balls.  They are his favorite.  They creep into many of our conversations.  I also tell him often, "Sam, I love you to the moon and back"  to which he responds without hesitation, "Mommy, I love you to the moon and back and golf balls."  Hey, I'll take it.  

Just another Wednesday around here, but another day full of kisses, dirty diapers, hugs, messy faces and sticky hands.  Yes, pure bliss. 

 

A couple of pics from today:

      My Jack, who wakes up from naps looking this sweet and precious every day

And Sam, missing his Daddy who's away on business, and insisted on watching Noggin in his recliner where he sweetly curled up and went to sleep.

No comments: