8.14.2008

I've Officially Lost Control

Bath time is mass chaos now.  What used to be one of my favorite times has turned into an exhausting event.  How can I describe it...ever heard the phrase "rat on acid", well that about sums it up.  From trying to pull down the shower curtain, wrestling and slinging water all the way to the sink, I have lost all control.  The day has come...these two monkeys are conspiring against me, already.  I say, "No, more splashing...I'm getting my spanker" only for them to pause for a split second as if they are listening and then turn to one another, grin, and splash like nobody's business.  They look at me and laugh...I really think they are taunting me as if to say, "Yeah, get that spanker, but you'll have to catch our little wet butts first."  I am outnumbered, already.  My frustration passes quickly, even after having to use four towels to dry the walls, toilet and floors.  I remind myself that this is what kids do, they splash and make terrible messes, all with an innocent grin.  So I'm sure my crazy bath days are just beginning and I'll try to remember to enjoy each and every splash and smile.

     Jack tries to pull down the shower curtain...

   And the splashing begins..... 

   And then the wrestling....

                                        But they had fun...and isn't that what matters?                                              

 

No comments: