3.10.2012

Cannon's Birthday Party

We celebrated Cannon's birthday today with a football party on the high school soccer field.  I learned two things today...
1.  Cannon is totally responsible for my boys' new found love of sports.
2.  Having a party away from your house really is a genius move.  No running around like a nut case making sure your house stays clean and  only stopping twenty minutes before guests arrive for a shower.  I'm thinking I may need to follow Ally's lead and make the high school my home for all birthday parties.

The red team.
Corey was the quarterback for both teams.  I tried to quarterback the blue team but was quickly reprimanded for not passing enough.  
I swear I  just missed Cannon clicking his heels by .5 seconds.
My new sports fanatics ( I'm really missing my cowboys/rednecks).
The huddle.  I can promise you Jack isn't listening to a word Corey is saying.  But he looks like he is and that counts for something.
Sam chasing Parker.
Is it just me, or is the blue team slightly more "into the game" than the red team?
Not listening.
Still not listening.  Which he confirmed by running thirty yards in the wrong direction on the next play.
Cannon, Sam and Kolt on defense.
These two are best friends.  Cannon teaches Sam about sports.  Sam teaches Cannon about pocket knives.
Sweet Cole after a run.  Tag football became tackle football a lot.
Prettiest cheerleader I know.
Cannon tried to do a little fake, pretending to have the ball while one of his teammates made a run.
Even with both hands in the air and no football in sight, the opposition fell for it.  Oh Jack,  I love you.
"Dude, you totally faked me out!"
The best part...the opening of the gifts.
Happy Birthday, sweet Cannon!  We sure do love you over here at the Standley house.

No comments: