2.14.2012

Valentine's Day in Pictures

Flowers for Sam's teachers...
(He died of embarrassment at the mere thought of walking in school carrying flowers for his teachers.  Which led to me carrying in two heavy vases while balancing Will on my hip and a very shy Jack, who wrapped his entire body around my right leg.)
Heart shaped cinnamon rolls for my little sweeties...
(Another attempt to make memories by this ridiculously sentimental Mama.) 
(My domestic bliss was short-lived as I was bluntly informed by my oldest two that my creation looked like a butt, not a heart.  Note to self: give those two ingrates a lecture on perspective.)
Kindergartners passing out their valentines...
(This took a long time.  And to speed things up, I may have passed out nearly all of Sam's cards.)
(I may have "helped" several of his classmates too, by grabbing handfuls of theirs to pass out too.)
Love Juice...
(Labels created by: me.  Ink used by my cheap printer: a lot.   My effort noticed by: two kids and one adult. )
Snacks.
(My contribution?  The oreo cakesters rolled in sprinkles that took minutes to make.  I chose to spend my time printing labels and meticulously sticking them to the plastic drinks.  Note to self: focus on the food next time.)
Sleeping little boy...
(You know, the one who refuses to nap at home on a comfy bed in a quiet room.   But he'll sleep like a champ, contorted in a stroller in a room full of loud kindergarteners?  Lesson learned, bud.  You're in control.  I get it.)
Sam helping lead the class in their pre-snack song...
(Cue the embarrassment.  Singing in front of the class with your smiling Mama watching on?  Forget about it.  He was mortified.)  
Eating their snack...
(Sam, look to your right, sweetie.  That's your classmate's mom who has pulled up a chair to sit at the table beside her son.  I would love to have pulled up one of those mini seats beside you too, buddy.  But I didn't. Because I love you.  And you would have died.  You're welcome.) 
Group pictures with Mrs. Morris...
(Those two in the back who refused to sit by their teacher in front of their Mama's?   We've got you figured out.  We know you're both in love with her.  The whole "hard to get" act?  Nice try.)
My sweet, middle son...
(He didn't want his picture taken.  I obliged.  And then I told him to look quick at the spider on my camera.  Surprised/startled/frightened look?  Yes, but I showed him who's boss.)
Sweet Landry taking care of Will...
(Is she too young to babysit for me a few days a week?  I kid.  I kid.)
A special little valentine from my oldest...
(So sweet, Sam.  I love it.  But I still haven't forgotten the whole butt cinnamon roll incident.   That will require unsolicited hugs, long conversations about how much you love and appreciate me and hand-picked flowers.  In that order. )

No comments: