6.16.2011

15 Month Well Check

Will must be bothered by the fact that, compared to his older brothers at this age, he is the smallest of our three boys.  He must have overhead me the times I corrected people by saying, "Yes, he is a big boy.  But no, he's actually smaller than Sam and Jack were."  And he must have thought to himself,"Yeah, well, they may be bigger, but can they grow extra teeth?  Because I can!"

Yes, what I had suspected was confirmed for me today.  The tooth that is coming in on top of two of Will's front teeth, is an extra tooth (see it shining brightly in the picture above?).  A bonus tooth.  An unnecessary tooth.  A tooth that certainly makes my sweetie's smile original.  A tooth that will likely have to be removed.  So a visit to a pediatric oral surgeon is in our future.  

If only I had told Will that his head is much bigger than his older brothers...
Or that he can totally load a Nerf gun like a professional and that at this age his brothers had never even heard the word Nerf...
And that he can yell three full octaves higher than any child on the planet...
If only.
Maybe then he wouldn't have felt the need to grow an extra front tooth.
Lesson learned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you
G-MA

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela! I don't know if you remember me or not but I'm your cousin, Taylor's friend. I stumbled upon your blog and absolutely love it. Your pictures of your beautiful boys are wonderful. Anyway, I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of camera you use and what lens(es)are your favorite? I love photography but I'm still learning and have a long way to go. My email address is nussjamie@gmail.com

Thanks!
Jamie Nuss