4.18.2011

Distractions

It's no secret that I love taking pictures of my boys.
I chase them around, begging them to "just be still for one second," hoping for a few good shots.
And, Lord knows, with three very busy boys, the odds are stacked against me.
But I keep trying.
Trying, trying, trying.
And I get a lot of these...
So on any given day, contending with just my boys is enough.
Pleading with them for "just one more" is enough to wear me out.
Enough to send them running off in boredom and enough to make me throw my camera over my shoulder and call it a day.
So I really don't need any thing else conspiring against me.
Like this...
Very friendly, very curious cattle approaching us from all sides...
A large group came in from the left...
Which leads to this...
In comes another group.  Our Herefords are very well behaved.  Look at that straight line... 
One after the other they come.
Distractions, distractions, distractions.
I look to my left and feel certain that every cow, near and far, has joined us.
They stand very close,  watching everything we do.
I tell the boys, "Okay, they're all here now.  And they're just watching us.  Just look at me and not them and we'll be finished in just one minute.  I promise."
They oblige.
But as soon as I begin to try again, I lose the boy's attention again.
And I hear something behind me.
I turn to see this...

On a side note...
I showed Jody these pictures later and said, "Tell me what you think of when you see this."
"Um, okay." he said.
Silence.
"C'mon, don't you see it? Look! Don't you hear James Earl Jones saying, 'If you build it, they will come.' It looks just like that movie, you know the one where the baseball players just appear and walk slowly out of the corn field.  Don't you see it?"
"Um, no, Ang."
"What?  Look at it!  Have you ever even seen that movie?  It's just like it.  If you build it, they will come."
He looks at me as if I'm the dumbest chick on the planet.
And says, "The only thing I see is that I really need to tell Daddy to bush hog that pasture."
He obviously hasn't seen the movie.

Soon, we were completely surrounded...
And the mooing began.
And it was loud.
Very, very loud.
Like cover your ears loud.
And when Jody told me they wouldn't stop because they thought he'd come to feed them, I covered my ears, tossed my camera over my shoulder and called it a day.
Defeated again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angela What beautiful pictures. I am so sorry about the couch, but that was just so funny. Will looked so innocent while chewing up the leather.
You realize you don't stand a chance with the three of them.
Love you
G-MA