3.20.2011

How His Brain Works

"Mama, my need that orange vacuum.  Can you go get it?
"No, Jack.  If you want to play with a vacuum, go get your toy vacuum cleaner."
"But Mama, my need to get up these pretzels that Will spilled."
"Jack, the vacuum cleaner won't pick up a pretzel.  It just picks up crumbs.  Just pick them up and throw them away."

Inside Jack's brain...

Hmm, what can I do to get my hands on that vacuum cleaner?
Ooooh, Ooooh!  I know!   I know!
I'll use this little toy hammer to break the pretzels into tiny pieces.
Mama said the vacuum is for cleaning up crumbs.
I'll make crumbs!  I'll make crumbs!
Yes!  Now I can use it.  
I'm cleaning up these crumbs.
Mama will be so happy.
My plan worked!  It worked!
"Jack Standley!  What are you doing? What did I tell you about that vacuum?"

Uh, oh.  
I'm busted.
Mama looks mad.
I better turn on the charm.
Look at this smile, Mama.
You can't be mad at me.
Keep smiling,  
Keep smiling.
She doesn't look as mad.
Keep smiling.
She can't resist my smile.
Now tell her I'm just trying to help.
Flash her that smile again.
She's walking away.

Works every time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have got to admit he is smart. He can look at a situation and fix it to fit his needs. He is administrative material in the making..
Love you Jack!
G-MA