2.18.2011

Another Girl

I am an aunt again.  
  Ila Cate Carter arrived on 2.12.11.
She weighed seven pounds, three ounces and has a head full of sandy brown hair.
She is beautiful and so tiny and dainty.
The cousins were thrilled over the latest addition.
And then there was seven...
Sam and Jack held her sweetly and were amazed by how tiny she is.  Sam remembers Will as a baby, but doesn't quite remember him being so small (maybe because he wasn't ever that small).
Jack doesn't remember much about Will as a newborn, so he was mesmerized by his new, tiny cousin.
As I held her the night she arrived home from the hospital, I was reminded just how perfect a newborn is.
There really is nothing like a new baby and there is nothing better than that tiny head nuzzled under your neck.
My baby is 26 pounds now, nearly four times her weight.
I felt my uterus fluttering as I held her.
I told Jody he was in trouble because she was making my uterus ache.
He responded, "Well, feed her then."
He has either forgotten what a uterus is or he was choosing to ignore me. 
Probably the latter.

1 comment:

Jodi Lowe said...

You make me laugh!!! Allyson said you would have another one.... I laughed and SAID, NOT ME!!! All power to you! :-) She is a beautiful little girl! Precious!@