1.17.2011

Sam

Every night he rushes up to me, arms stretched out, needing one more hug.  Every single night.  It is one of the highlights of my day, a constant in an unpredictable, chaotic life.  I hope he knows what it means to me.

And he says things to me that make my heart swell...

"Mama, when I grow up, I want to marry you.  And when I marry you, will you never, ever break up with me?"

As he wrapped his arms around my neck for a hug, he told me, "Mama, I want to hug you so, so tight.  I want to make my arms like a belt around you."

I told him that I love everything about him.  And he told me the same.  "What?" I asked.  "What do you love?"  "You, Mama.  Just you.  I just love you Mama."

Tonight, I scooped him up in my arms and his toes touched the floor.  I begged him to stop growing.  And to stop having birthdays.  He laughed and ran away to play.  Every day, I tell him how happy he makes me.  And he smiles and says, "How happy?"  "You make me the happiest Mama in the whole wide world."  I hope he'll always know that.  And just in case he might forget, I'll continue to tell him.  Every single day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so loved. Sam talks about you constantly. Jack is always wanting to put something in a zip bag and take home to you. Last Sunday it was chicken crumbs. Though we had a whole piece of chicken, Jack insisted you wanted the crumbs from the bottom of the plate. And Will's entire face lights up when you come in. You are so blessed with these sweet little boys. You will wish for these moments again......
love you
G-MA